Displaying Webi Headers in Tables for SAP Business Objects
Quick Tips From Fusion Consulting
Tips from an interview with Joni Clayton-Brewer, Senior Consultant
Joni Clayton-Brewer, a Senior Consultant, Fusion Consulting, has 20 years of experience in Business Intelligence (10 years with Fusion) with a focus on SAP Business Objects Solutions. Her areas of expertise include Platform Implementations and Upgrades, QuickStarts, Report Writer Training, BOBJ Server Administration, Project Management, Solution Architecture, Universe Development and Report Development in WebIntelligence. Joni is truly focused on customer relations and making clients self-sufficient.
Repeating Table Headers at the Top of Each Page
When a table is more than 1-page long, the header row only appears at the top of the first page. You can turn the header on at the top of each page using the Format Table option.
- Hover your mouse over the top border of the table. You will see the 4-arrow cursor.
- Right-click on the table border.
- Select Format Table from the right-click menu.
The Format Table window is displayed:
- Select Layout from the left-side menu
- Check the Repeart Header on every page checkbox
- Click OK to apply the change and exit.
Your column headers will now show at the top of each page.
Display Break Headers at the Top of Each Page
When you add breaks to your reports, the header row will be displayed at the top of each break. If you would prefer to just show the header at the top of each page:
- Right-click in the column that contains the break.
- Select Breaks > Manage Breaks from the right-click menu
- Under Display Properties, uncheck Break header
- Click OK
- Right-click on the table border
- Select Format Table from the right-click menu
- In the General tab, check Show table headers checkbox
- Click Layout
- Check Repeat header on every page checkbox
- Click OK
Your column headers will now show at the top of each page, instead of on top of each break.